When it comes to choosing a balustrade system you have many options, but most people will opt for either a stainless steel, aluminium or glass system. It’s no secret that demand for glass balustrades is at an all-time high, and they can be seen in around properties all around greater Sydney. Whilst the beautiful frameless or semi-frameless glass may be the first thing that catches your eye, you probably didn’t notice the stainless-steel spigots which hold the glass in place or the surrounding balustrade system. Stainless steel and glass make a great pair, as they are both remarkably durable, strong and aesthetically appealing. In this blog post we will be sharing some insight into the qualities of stainless and glass and why they both play such an important role in any balustrading system.
How do Glass and Stainless Steel Balustrades Work Together?
Planning and settling on a new balustrade for your residential or commercial property is always exciting, and you want to invest in something that is going to stand the test of time and look good for many years to come. Whether you’re opting for a frameless, semi-frameless or a combination stainless steel and glass balustrade, you will find stainless steel used somewhere throughout the installation process.
Other than the glass panels; the railings, handrails, stainless steel bolts, posts and spigots are the main features of a glass balustrade. Stainless steel is the material of choice as it accentuates the beautiful design, compliments surroundings in both period and contemporary homes and is easy to maintain.
The Qualities of Stainless Steel
Stainless steel has the following qualities which make it ideal for use in conjunction with glass:
- Durable – Stainless steel is highly resistant to high and low temperatures and will retain its strength in all environmental conditions. It is much less prone to chips, dents and corrosion than other metals too. This means that any stainless steel components will serve to uphold the safety and long-term durability of your new balustrade system.
- Elegant – Whether you opt for a matte or polished finish, there’s no denying that stainless steel has a subtle charm and elegance to it. Combined with a beautifully framed piece of glass, the result is guaranteed to impress.
- Cost effective – Stainless steel is less expensive than you think. And your one time investment is sure to pay off when it comes time to sell your property. Stainless steel is easy to fabricate and install, and these time and labour savings are passed onto you.
- Ease of Maintenance – Just like your glass panels, stainless steel only needs a quick wipe down with a dry cloth to look as good as new. No need to worry about rust and staining.
- Easy to Shape – With balustrade systems getting more and more elaborate and challenging, you will be pleased to know that stainless steel is easy to shape. Round or square poles are no problem at all, and steel handrails work beautifully with glass balustrades. You get the best of both worlds, aesthetics and durability.
Simply put, the stainless steel and glass elements combine to create a superior quality balustrade system which will comply with safety requirements and look great for many years to come.
Railsafe – Your First Choice for Glass Balustrades in Sydney
Are you looking to transform your home or commercial premises by installing a new balustrade system? Railsafe have an extensive range of products to choose from and our team are here to help with any questions you may have. We utilise top quality glass, steel, aluminium and other materials to create balustrade systems of superior quality and design.
Call today on (02) 9905 8773 or email email@example.com to obtain an obligation free quote. We look forward to hearing from you.